Craving something sweet? Want to fulfill your sweet tooth with a healthy breakfast, yummy snack or dessert ? Try these amazing muffins! They are simple and yet soo good!
I made these muffins thinking of every vegan and gluten intolerant person, so anyone can enjoy them.
Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think !
- 2 cups oats (gluten-free)
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs ( if vegan, use 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2.5 tbsp water. Add flaxseed meal and water to a dish and stir. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken. Add to recipes in place of 1 egg).
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or Vegan carob chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease 1 12-cup standard muffin tin or line with paper liners. If using liners, lightly grease them as well. Set aside.
2. Place all the ingredients but the chocolate or carob chips in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade: oats, bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt.
3. Blend or process on high, stopping to scrape down and stir the ingredients once or twice as needed, until the batter is smooth and the oats have broken down almost completely, about 3 minutes. By hand stir in the mix-ins. *If the batter is warm from the appliance's motor, the chocolate or carob chips may melt and swirl as they are stirred. If this bothers you, let the batter cool for 10 minutes before adding them.
4. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups, filling each no more than three-quarters of the way to the top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the tops of the muffins are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire rack and let the muffins cool in the pan for 10 minutes. They will deflate but still taste delicious. Remove from the pan and enjoy!
**Feel free to adjust the maple syrup to your preferred sweetness
**For a healthier version, make sure to use an all natural (organic preferred) peanut butter !
Hi everyone, I'm a college student working towards a career in Social Work. I love to try new things, so I made this blog to share my experiences with all of you. In here you will find tips and stories about my own personal experiences! An overall spice of how to make an impact on people's life's, travel tips, guidance to a better living, and a variety of healthy recipes!